About Steven J. Klearman
Protecting Injury Victims for 30+ Years
As managing shareholder of the Law Offices of Steven J. Klearman &
Associates, Attorney Steven J. Klearman has spent more than 30 years successfully
fighting for Nevadans who have been injured by the negligent actions of
others. He regularly goes to court and he has
secured many large results for his clients. Steve has
handled many catastrophic injury and
death cases in his long career in northern Nevada.
Born and raised in St. Louis, Missouri, Steve received a fellowship to
study Mandarin Chinese in Taipei, Taiwan. He went on to receive his B.A.
from the University of Missouri and graduated
magna cum laude. Following this, he received his law degree from Washington University
in St. Louis and also studied international law for a year at the University
of Notre Dame Law School’s London campus. In 2000, Steve trained
at the Harvard Mediation Program at Harvard Law School and he was subsequently
appointed as a mediator in the United States District Court, District
for Nevada as well as an arbitrator in the Nevada District Court system.
Steve has had
multiple articles and law books published throughout the United States and abroad. His 300-page Elements
of Nevada Legal Theories, now in its Fourth Edition, is considered one
of the definitive guides to Nevada civil law and is used every day by
Nevada attorneys and judges.
During his free time, Steve is an avid cyclist and snowboarder and he and
his wife love to four-wheel throughout Nevada.
- Top 100 Litigators - American Society of Legal Advocates
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers – The National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top Attorney Personal Injury - “Superb” 10.0 Rating - AVVO
- Client’s Choice Award 2015 – Car Accidents - AVVO
- Certificate of Appreciation - 2015, 2017 Champions of Justice Awards
- Top Attorney Wrongful Death – AVVO
- “Superb” Perfect 10.0 Rating – AVVO
- Top 3 Personal Injury Attorneys in Reno – ThreeBestRated.com
- Best Personal Injury Lawyers in Reno 2016 – Expertise.com
- Court-Appointed Mediator – United States District Court, District
- Court-Appointed Arbitrator – Nevada District Court system
- Nevada Medical Dental Screening Panel (Former Member)
- Nevada State Bar's Northern Nevada Disciplinary Board (Former Vice-Chair)
- Nevada State Bar's Consumer Protection Committee (Past Chair)
- Nevada Revised Jury Instruction Committee (Former Member)