Representation for Nursing Home Abuse Victims
Reno Elder Abuse Lawyer, Serving Northern Nevada
The elderly are some of the most vulnerable members of our society and they should be treated with care and respect. Sadly, nursing home abuse is on the rise, especially in Nevada. Nevada laws define elder abuse as intentional or negligent acts by nursing home staff or caregivers that subjects an elderly individual aged 60 or older to serious harm or risk of harm.
A survey by Families for Better Care, which analyzed federal data to determine conditions at long-term care facilities nationwide, gave Nevada an F. One hundred percent of Nevada nursing homes were cited for one or more minor deficiencies in quality care, while one in three facilities were cited for severe deficiencies. The statistics are sobering, so it is important for you to be able to know the signs of nursing home abuse. Our Reno personal injury attorneys can discuss your concerns and help protect your elderly loved one.
Suspect your elderly loved one is being abused? Schedule a complimentary consult at (775) 573-0229 today.
Recognize the signs of abuse!
The best way to protect yourself or your loved ones from nursing home abuse is to know what it looks like.
Examples of nursing home abuse include the following:
- Emotional abuse - intimidation through yelling and threats, humiliation, ignoring the patient, isolating the patient, terrorizing the patient, mocking the patient
- Financial exploitation - misuse of the patient's checks, accounts or credit cards, stolen money, stolen checks or stolen belongings, forged signatures, authorized withdrawals or transfer of money, stealing the patient's identity
- Medical neglect - medications not being administered or not being administered properly, sedation, infections
- Neglecting basic needs - malnourishment/dehydration, negligent supervision, inadequate staffing or training
- Neglecting hygiene needs - soiled clothing or bed linens, bedsores, unsanitary living conditions
- Physical abuse and violence - unexplained bruises and cuts, torn or bloody clothing, broken bones, inappropriate physical or chemical restraint
- Sexual abuse - bleeding around the genital area, venereal disease, bloody undergarments, bruises around the genital area
Fight for the damages you deserve!
If you trusted a caregiver or nursing facility to care for your loved one but are seeing signs of abuse, take legal action immediately. Mistreatment of our elderly population is not acceptable, and our firm can help you fight back. For more information about your rights and to retain proven legal representation, call the Law Offices of Steven J. Klearman & Associates today!
We will not stop until we help you maximize your compensation. Call our firm at (775) 573-0229 today.
Fast and Caring Service
Our office is full of friendly, caring, extremely experienced people who will take the time to talk to you about your case when you call.
A Strong Track-Record of Favorable Outcomes
We've handled thousands of personal injury cases with a track record of success. We regularly obtain six and seven-figure results.
Over 30 Years of Legal Knowledge & Experience
Our Reno-based founding attorney Steven J. Klearman has over 31 years of experience handling serious injury cases in northern Nevada courts.
Board Certified Personal Injury Specialist in the State of Nevada
Fewer than one percent of Nevada attorneys are Board Certified to handle Personal Injury cases.